Last Updated: June 2016
Use of the Services
When you use our Services, we do not collect any personal information unless you specifically provide us with that information voluntarily.
Our Sites may contain “web beacons” or “cookies.” Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behavior of and collect data on users who visit our Sites. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. Cookies are small text files that we may place in your computer browser to store your preferences. Cookies themselves do not contain any PHI.
From time to time, you might be asked to provide certain PHI, such as demographic information, if you choose to (i) complete online forms used to personalize your experience with our Services; (ii) report problems with our Services; (iii) provide feedback via surveys to help us improve our Services; (iv) make a transaction regarding our Services; or (v) make a search query on our Services, among other activities relating to our Services.
By submitting personal information, you grant Radial the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store and use your information in connection with the operation of our Services. Your personal information is always stored in a secure database.
Certain types of users may wish to provide information on the understanding that it will be posted on public areas of the Sites, or transmitted to other users of our Services or to third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information Collection and Use
Radial may collect and use information you provide for the following purposes:
- to deliver our Services and related content to you;
- to provide you with information that you request from us (e.g., if you communicate with us via email, then we will collect your email address);
- to provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features through our Services, including message boards or other public forums;
- to share your PHI with people with whom you consent to share information (such as a family member), as well as for communications between you and such individuals;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
You may affirmatively opt-out of receiving future messages and announcements and remove your name from our mailing lists. The opt-out provisions do not apply to information collected by cookies, web beacons or information used internally to recognize you and/or facilitate your use of the Services, or information we may retain to comply with legal requirements.
Disclosure for Marketing and Business Purposes
We may also license, sell or otherwise share aggregated, de-identified versions of your personal information and other data with institutional clients, partners, investors and contractors for any purposes related to our business practices.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Radial does not rent, sell, or share your personal information with other people or nonaffiliated companies, except to provide products or services you have requested, when we have your authorization to share such personal information, or when we provide the information to third party companies or consultants working on behalf of or with us under confidentiality agreements. These companies and consultants may use your PHI to help us communicate with you about offers from Radial and our marketing partners. However, these companies and consultants do not have any independent right to share your personal information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may request access to your personal information and information about our collection, use and disclosure of such information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your rights to access your personal information are not absolute. We may deny you access when required by law or if disclosure would likely reveal personal information about a third party.
We use best efforts to keep our records as accurate and complete as possible. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your personal information. If you request a correction or deletion of personal information that you have provided to us, we may not be able to accommodate such request if we believe it would violate any legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Sites, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other users.
We have taken reasonable and necessary steps to ensure that all information collected will remain secure and in its original form, (i.e., free from any alteration). In compliance with federal and state law, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative procedures in an effort to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the personal information we collect online.
Although we endeavor to protect your personal information, Radial cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us online, and you do so at your own risk. Depending on its nature, your communication with us could be discarded or archived.
Newsletter/Press Release Subscriptions
If you subscribe to a newsletter, publication, press release or RSS feed published by Radial and distributed by e-mail or RSS feed, we will maintain your email address in a private distribution list. Messages sent electronically do not reveal recipients' email addresses or any other personal information.
Radial will only send messages to those who have opted to subscribe and who have provided their e-mail address to us directly.
Please note that if you communicate with us via email, then we will collect your email address. Email is considered a non-encrypted (and therefore non-secure) form of communication, and it can be accessed and viewed by others without your knowledge and permission. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use e-mail to communicate information that you consider confidential.
- Children Under the Age of 13 – Radial does not knowingly collect PHI from children under the age of 13, and our Services are not directed at users under the age of 13. If we find that PHI has inadvertently been collected for an individual under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will immediately delete it.
- Links – The Services may contain links to other websites. Radial is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those third party websites. Users should be aware of this when they leave our Sites and are encouraged to review the privacy statements of each third party website. Moreover, Radial is not responsible for any disclosures to third parties to whom you may disclose your PHI directly, including family members and/or friends.